You may have just gotten your driver’s license or maybe you are just thinking about looking for new auto insurance coverage, either way, there are things you should keep in mind when you are gathering your auto insurance quotes. Each state has different requirements that consist of mandatory coverage. There are mandatory minimums as well. Here are the types of coverage to consider when gathering New Jersey auto insurance quotes from https://newjersey-insurance.net/new-jersey-auto-insurance-quotes/.
There is a Basic Policy which is one of the least expensive car insurance policies available for New Jersey drivers. It includes:
- Property damage liability of $5,000 per accident. The property mentioned refers to the amount of damage that you may have caused to another person’s property in an accident.
- PIP, or personal injury protection, is set for $15,000 per accident per person. This is the coverage that will pay for injuries you sustain in an accident.
- In addition, this policy will cover up to $250,000 for extremely serious injuries. This would include severe brain injuries.
- Bodily injury liability can be added to your policy in the amount of $10,000.
If you are looking for more coverage you will have to pay a little bit more but the coverage will be much better. The Standard Policy will increase the minimums as follows
- Bodily injury liability will increase to $15,000 per accident per person. This covers those who were injured in an accident you caused but were not in your vehicle.
- Bodily injury for additional people is increased to $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability would remain at $5,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection would also remain at $15,000 per person with an additional $250,000 for more serious injuries.
There are additional options which you need to discuss with your insurance agent. There are different levels regarding the right to sue. There are limitations as to your right to sue and it breaks down into the unlimited right to sue and the limited right to sue. Your agent will advise you as to which of these options would be in your best interest.
In addition, there are other areas of coverage you may opt for depending on your needs. These include comprehensive coverage, collision, towing, and coverage for a car rental while your vehicle is in the shop. Make sure you find a reputable agent who can help you every step of the way.