We feel your pain. We know you think it is difficult to compare Pennsylvania home insurance quotes from someone like pennsylvania-insurance.net. That’s why we make it easier on you. But many people think insurance issues are harder to understand than it really is. Just like we make it easy to compare coverage, we want to dispel the myth that coverage is hard to understand.
First, there are so many online sources of information that quickly and easily explain in lay terms. But we are here to help, too. So here are some of the questions we most commonly hear from consumers who are evaluating coverage.
- If I slip and fall in the mall does my policy cover me? Maybe. Some policies cover slips and falls that happen both in and out of your home. You will need to check your own policy to be sure what kind of coverage you have.
- Are dog bites covered in my policy? For the most part if your dog bites someone you have coverage. But for some breeds, you may not be covered. Certain breeds of dogs are considered more aggressive and higher risks, based on claim history. These dogs may or may not be covered on your policy. Some carriers will charge more for their coverage and others won’t cover them. Some may have requirements before they cover bites from these dogs. You will have to dig deeper into your policy to see what
- What happens if someone is hurt in my home? You are at risk. If you ar sued call your carrier immediately. It may be a fraudulent claim and if so, they will work hard to protect you. Any injury in your home should be considered serious.
- What if I am negligent, even accidentally? Check your policy but some negligence is covered. If you are pouring hot tee at a party and accidentally burn someone your policy may kick in. These are serious issues that you need to know the answer to.
- What if I throw a dish at my husband? That is considered an intentional act and it might not be covered. You might be liable in that case.
It is obvious that insurers must consider many issues when they look at a claim. It helps if you are knowledgeable about your coverage before filing any claim.